By booking a guided walking tour with us, it is deemed that you have accepted TalkWalk’s Terms and Conditions. They follow:
Tickets must be paid for at the time of booking.
Clients must present proof of purchase, and where required proof of age and/or identity.
If you need to postpone, simply amend your booking online within 24 hours. If there is room available on another day, then transferring your booking should be easy – however, if bookings are full we may not be able to accommodate your change and will have to arrange a refund. If you postpone under 24 hours from the tour, we will be unable to issue you with a refund.
If you need to cancel, simply do so online prior to 24 hours before the tour departs. If you do not show up, miss the tour, or cancel in under 24 hours we will be unable to issue you a refund, and the full fee will be incurred.
All tours commence at the time advertised. If you are not in attendance at the departure time, and not in attendance for the tour briefing, you will be deemed absent. Absence from the tour means you will miss the tour. If you miss the tour, we will be unable to issue you a refund.
We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the TalkWalk.
Tours are advertised as being two hours duration. This is an approximation only. It is recommended that you allow for at least 30 minutes between the advertised return of the tour and your next appointment.
Risks and hazards
TalkWalk is conducted in the downtown area of Toronto. There are still risks in walking, which can include (but are not limited to): crossing roads, oncoming traffic, walking on uneven or slippery surfaces, sun exposure, snow exposure (and all other weather conditions), walking stairs and escalators.
Any concerning injuries and medical conditions that you have that might affect your ability to walk safely should be declared to the TalkWalk guide or representative.
By undertaking a TalkWalk you agree to follow the instructions of your guide.
TalkWalk reserves the right to refuse guiding to any client deemed disruptive or impaired (alcohol/drugs) for the safety of the tour and its attendees.
If TalkWalk is required to cancel a tour it will try to:
- Book you for another date or tour (subject to availability).
- Refund the purchase price of the tour if booked directly.
I understand the Company may need to collect information from me to provide a service.
The information may be disclosed to, or collected on my behalf by the Company’s service providers to enable the services to be provided, but will not be used by them for any other purpose.
RELEASE, WAVIER AND INDEMNITY (Please read this carefully)
I know and fully understand that TalkWalk tours have potentially hazardous elements associated with them. I should not participate prior to thorough consideration. I assume any and all risks associated with TalkWalk, including but not limited to:
- physical contact with other participants
- the effects of weather
- the conditions of the roads and sidewalks
- physical injury and emotional strain
- loss or damage to person or property
- and death
All such risks are known and understood by me. And knowing these facts, and in consideration of TalkWalk, and all other event sponsors, organizers, associations, and respective agents:
- I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, release and forever discharge any and all rights and/or claims for damages sustained by me as a result of this event, for any case whatsoever, including negligence.
- It is expressly understood by the undersigned that the TalkWalk experience is entered into at sole risk of myself and the undersigned and that TalkWalk and all other event sponsors, organizers, associations, partners, and respective agents are exempt from liability for any and all damages sustained, and any and all injury and/or loss, including personal or property loss arising from any cause whatsoever, including negligence.
- I consent to the use of my likeness and any photograph and/or digital footage in which I may appear for any purposes related to the promotion of TalkWalk products and I do so without the expectation of remuneration of any kind. I hereby confirm that I have read this release, waiver, and indemnity, and understand and accept the terms.